BASL Winter Meeting 2017
Friday, December 1st
09.00-10.20 Session 1 : Hepatocellular carcinoma
Moderators: Jean Delwaide, Anja Geerts
- New emergent therapies in advanced hepatocellular carcinoma:
C Verslype (KULeuven)
- Place of radioembolisation in hepatocellular carcinoma in 2017
Elisabeth Dhondt (UZGhent)
- Relevance of Pet-scan and other imaging modalities in Hepatocellular carcinoma
Renaud Lhommel (UCL)
10.30-11.00 COFFEE BREAK
11.00-12.30 NON-INTERACTIVE DISCUSSION OF CLINICAL CASES
Moderators: C Van Steenkiste, P Stärkel
12:30-12:50 Presentations BASL YOUNG INVESTIGATORS AWARD LAUREATES 2017 and short presentation by 2016 Laureates
12.50-13.00 MSD Awards 2017: Best clinical and basic publication 2016
14.00-15.15 Session 2: HEPATOLOGY UPDATE
Moderators : Sergio Negrin-F Nevens
- Endoscopic treatment of PSC: Is there something new?
Arnaud Lemmers (ULB)
- Management of severe alcoholic hepatitis after STOPAH trial
Mark Thursz (London, UK)
- Diagnosis and management of malnutrition and sarcopenia in cirrhosis
Ger Koek (Maastricht)
15.15-16:45 TOPIC 3 : VIRAL HEPATITIS
Moderators: JP Mulkay, F Sermon
- Management of Hepatitis C related extra-hepatic manifestations in the era of DAA
Patrice Cacoub (Paris)
- Hepatitis E: when to think about? How to treat?
H Wedemeyer (Hannover)
- When to stop NUCs in chronic hepatitis B: Are Belgian reimbursement criteria adequate?
T Vanwolleghem (UZA)
16:45 CONCLUSIONS & FAREWELL
Saturday December 2nd: NAFLD-NASH
Moderators: L Verbeeke (KUL), C Moreno (ULB)
- Epidemiology of NASH: is it really such a burden in Belgium?
prof. Sven Francque, UZA
- How to diagnose NASH: invasive vs. non-invasive techniques.
prof. Nicolas Lanthier, UCL
- NASH and ‘lean NASH’: when and how to consider alternative diagnosis.
prof. David Cassiman, UZ Leuven
- Pathophysiology of NASH: a general overview.
prof. Isabelle Leclercq, UCL
10:30-11:00 COFFEE BREAK
Moderators: A Putignano (ULB), S Francque (UZA)
- Hepatocellular carcinoma in NASH: a challenging issue.
prof. Hans Van Vlierberghe, U Gent
- Bariatric surgery in NASH: results, indications and contra-indications.
prof. Guillaume Lasailly, Lille, France
- Treatment for NASH: novel therapies in the pipeline.
prof. Vlad Raziu, Paris, France
75 euro (2 days)
BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER
IBAN BE69 0013 4462 1878
Accreditation without grades for ethics and economics